Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:05:05 -0400
From: Rik Brooks
To: Sharon Buntz
I just saw your article on how to tell if you are an e-mail junkie.
1) I often do respond to e-mail at 3AM after going to the bathroom. I don't turn my computer off at night so it's easy to do this.
4) I don't get an empty feeling when I turn off my modem... I never turn it off.
7) I have laughed at people with 19.2 kbs modems.
8) I might use smileys in snail mail... if I ever used snail mail anymore. Now if you want me to write to you then you'd better be on line. The last time I used a stamp it cost me 16 cents.
9) I don't have withdrawal if my hard drive crashes. First I have First Aid 97 to prevent that. Even if it does happen I have two other computers on my home network. I don't think all three would go down at the same time.
13) Yup, most of my friends do have an @ in their names.
14) I'm actually going to put up a home page for my cats in the next couple of days!
15) I bought my mother a modem and got her on AOL.
18) I wouldn't know YOUR sex if you didn't sign Sharon.
19) I bought Netscape 2 years before I decided to landscape. In fact, I just finished having my house landscaped YESTERDAY!
I was amazed, it's a funny page, but I actually have done more than half of what is there!
Private fortunes are destroyed by public as well as by private
extravagance. And this is the tendency of all human governments."
Thomas Jefferson to Samuel Kercheval, 1816.
----- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK -----
d+ s++:++a C++++ LSCP! W+++ N+++
w++++ O---- M-- V-- PS+++ PE++
X+++ R+++ tv++ b++ D+++ e+++
----- END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----