Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 17:37:38 -0400
From: Rik Brooks
To: Sharon Buntz
I don't know where you GET this stuff! You must have spoken to someone that knows me! Your top 11 reasons why computer geeks make better husbands describes me pretty well, too.
11. Computer geeks require little mirror time... I brush my hair with my fingers and brush my teeth in front of the monitor. I rush back to spit while web pages are loading or I'm compiling. Sometimes that gets a little uncomfortable, though.
10. No problem shopping for me... Manuals, any computer book, subscriptions to computer mags, and most of all.... MORE MEMORY
9 Docker AND jeans. I wear jeans and t-shirts with sandals when I can. Why match socks when I could be programming?
8. My wife is the first woman on her block with a personal web page. So is my mother, and my two brothers and one sister... all care of yours truly.
7 My shopping list isn't on a spread sheet. It's in my palmtop.
6 I don't go to bars. I only voluntarily go to places that have computers.
5 I not only program VCR's, I have them hooked up to my computer and can use SNAPPY to download images from them.
4 No argument about PC's or MAC's. I put my foot down.Mac's are for amateurs. If my wife wants a Mac she can get one... just don't ask me ANY questions. That ended the discussion right there.
3. What's to explain about Dilbert?
2. See 8
1. I couldn't divorce my wife. My lawyer isn't on-line so we never speak.
Private fortunes are destroyed by public as well as by private
extravagance. And this is the tendency of all human governments."
Thomas Jefferson to Samuel Kercheval, 1816.
----- BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK -----
d+ s++:++a C++++ LSCP! W+++ N+++
w++++ O---- M-- V-- PS+++ PE++
X+++ R+++ tv++ b++ D+++ e+++
----- END GEEK CODE BLOCK -----